When it comes to online content, it’s not your father’s Oldsmobile — meaning that different generations respond to different subjects and platforms. In other words, to drive maximum engagement for your online content, you should be taking your target audience’s tastes into consideration.
The infographic below, created by academic writing service Handmadewritings, aggregates several research studies on generational marketing to provide us with some key insights into what each generation typically consumes online, where they do it, and how to reach them:
Baby Boomers (1946-1964) respond to Facebook ads, blogs, ebooks and other long-form content, and are avid users of email.
Gen-Xers (1965-1980) respond to digital video, Facebook ads, email, Twitter and blogs.
Millennials (1981-1999) respond to most all social media, mobile and SMS marketing, video and user-generated content such as blogs, chat, tweets, etc.
Generation Z (after 2000) responds to quick online hits like quizzes and memes, short videos, and social media.
Consider using this information to tweak your strategies for all your online content — your website, blog, social media posts and PPC ads. Understanding what appeals to the demographic you serve is key to driving engagement with your content.
An “old fashioned” newsletter is still among the most profitable and reliable ways to generate a predictable flow of potential new and recurring clients. Your firm’s newsletter can be inexpensive, reliable…and when done right, a welcomed (not a pesky) form of marketing for your clients.
What if there was an easy and reliable way to get your newsletter done in JUST 45 minutes a month? That’s LESS TIME than it will take you to watch this information-packed webinar, where you will learn:
- Exactly WHY an “old fashioned” newsletter packs such a powerful punch for your marketing dollars.
- A proven strategy for producing a newsletter that will make it fun and easy to make, and keep, your monthly commitment.
- A template you can begin to use right away to produce a monthly newsletter that will get noticed and appreciated.
- An actual case study to help you get your newsletter DONE in less than 20 minutes each month.
- The real world ROI of newsletters as a proven staple of your marketing campaign.
To access the recording of this webinar, just follow this link: The Automatic Newsletter: How to Get Your Newsletter Done in Just 45 Minutes a Month.