To grow your law firm, you must align your marketing with the way your prospects learn about and shop for your services. If you want to successfully market your law firm online, you need to focus on these 7 elements of a winning law firm marketing program:
- Embed keywords in title tags, site copy, URL, alt text for images, etc.
- Build relationships with people who link to your content.
- Concentrate on adding both external and internal links.
#2: Content Marketing
- Use your website and blog as the hub of your online marketing activities.
- Create evergreen content so it retains value over time.
- Create visually appealing mobile-optimized content.
#3: Social Media
- Identify and engage people who have the audience you want.
- Automate curated content to keep social accounts fresh and updated.
- Remember that social media is about being social, not selling.
#4: Lead Generation
- Use a combination of content offer opt-ins and traditional email list opt-ins.
- Use social proof (reviews) to persuade readers to convert into subscribers and leads.
- To increase your lead conversion rate, identify top performing and converting pages on your site and funnel traffic to those pages.
#5: Email Marketing
- Personalize emails to increase opens and clicks.
- Create a sense of exclusivity for your subscribers.
- Use clear calls-to-action to tell readers where to go and what to do.
#6: PPC Advertising
- Use the detailed targeting options available to find your ideal prospects.
- Use retargeted to advertise to people who have already visited your site.
- Remember that paid search ads work best for people who are ready to buy, so design your ad content to appeal to those people.
- At a minimum, you should be checking your site and content analytics every week.
- Set benchmarks for performance and measure to that benchmark.
- Use Google Analytics — it’s free and comes fully equipped with all the information you need to know about your online performance.
Every attorney can do something to market and grow his or her practice. I just completed a new webinar where I provide step-by-step guidance on how to launch and sustain an effective law firm marketing program and provide you with performance-proven marketing tools you can use immediately to boost your bottom line. Click on the image below to get a link to my newest free, on-demand webinar on how to manage the marketing of your law firm.