Chicago web design and development company Orbit Media Studios conducts a survey every year of more than 1,000 business bloggers on what works — and what doesn’t — in the digital marketing space when it comes to blogs.
Unsurprisingly, the factors in 2017 that yield the best results include:
- Investing more time into writing posts
- Writing longer posts and including more media
- Promoting posts on social media and through online advertising
- Using analytics to improve
What may amaze you is that the average time writing a blog post has gone from 2 hours and 24 minutes in 2014 to 3 hours and 16 minutes. The average post word length is more than 1,000 words.
This data is enlightening because it shows what bloggers who have made blogs a successful part of their marketing initiatives are doing to make them work. Some fundamentals to keep in mind for your law firm blog:
Know your audience. The more you know about your audience — your target market — the better you will be able to attract them with content that answers their questions. When you find your core audience, you find an invaluable source of new leads. Google Analytics can help point you in the right direction, showing you the demographics of the people already visiting your blog and website and what content holds their interest.
Inform your audience. People read blogs to either learn something or to be entertained. You have to keep this foremost in your thought process as you develop your posts.
Tell you audience what you want them to do. This is known as a call-to-action. What do you want the reader to do? Contact you for a free appointment? Download a free report? Subscribe to your newsletter? Make your CTAs clear and concise and be sure your reader understands the value they will receive in taking you up on your offer.
FREE Webinar: Leveraging the Power of Social Media
For solos and small firms, the goal of social media is lead generation and business development, pure and simple. How you get there is by building targeted relationships, providing solid content, and consistently adding value. Attorneys we have worked with at The Rainmaker Institute regularly receive 100-250 new leads every month just from efforts online and via social media.
Learn about the social media networks that will work best for your firm and how to leverage them to get more leads by watching my latest free webinar – Leveraging the Power of Social Media.
During this free one-hour webinar, you will learn:
- 3 low cost marketing tools for maximizing your results from social media
- The 3 biggest mistakes lawyers make with social media and how to avoid them
- Top 10 steps to jumpstart your referrals on LinkedIn
- Using Facebook to connect with potential clients and referral sources
- How to get qualified leads on Facebook for 90% less than on Google PPC
- How to use content marketing to position yourself as an industry thought leader
- Insider secrets to getting more leads from your blog
If you want to discover real-world strategies that work for attorneys when it comes to generating and converting leads using social networks, learn how by watching this free webinar.
Register online now for immediate access to this free one-hour webinar.