Is your law firm still using the original website created years ago? If so, it is time for a new website in 2023! Trends can come and go but making a great first impression will always be critical to your law firm’s success. Your website is often a potential client’s first impression and, if it does not create a memorable experience, you will probably lose that client to your competition.
Below are a few of the website design trends for 2023 that you should consider for your law firm’s new website:
Websites should focus on sparking interest and maintaining a visitor’s interest. An effective tool for capturing your online visitor’s interest is to use motion. Below are a few ways to add motion to your firm’s website:
- Video. Embedding a video on your website is easy and highly effective in grabbing a visitor’s attention. Whether the video plays continuously or requires the visitor to click play, videos are proven tools for increasing the amount of time a visitor spends on a website.
- Animation. When a visitor scrolls their cursor over an image and an animation is active, it creates a more interesting experience. The animation can be simple, such as a vibrating icon for the telephone on your contact page, or more complex, such as animated characters.
- Scrolling. When a visitor scrolls up or down on your website, scrolling allows the text to respond and move with the cursor. You can be more elaborate and have the text change colors as you scroll through the website.
- Cinemagraphs. A cinemagraph appears to be a photo, but it has a few elements that move and repeat in a loop.
- Custom Cursors. Instead of the same old cursor, create a fun and unexpected cursor for your website. For example, the cursor could be a gavel instead of an arrow, or it could leave a sparkling trail as you move it around the site.
- Moving Text. Text in motion has increased in popularity recently. A common way to use moving text is a text banner scrolling across the screen or section labels that move to draw the visitor’s attention.
Other ways to make your law firm’s website stand out from the rest include creating unique typography and content. For example, change the font used, create horizontal and vertical text, overlap text with images, and other ways to have your content be eye-catching.
Your website can be creative and visually interesting, but if it is not easily accessible, you will lose potential clients. The download speed must be fast – less than three seconds – or visitors will click away from your site. You must decide if your website will load in its entirety upon a visitor’s arrival, or only load the content the visitor is accessing, but whatever option you choose, it must be ultra-fast.
Another important consideration is your firm’s site must be mobile-friendly. Many visitors to your website will access it using their smartphone. If the site’s elements do not load properly on a smartphone or the elements are not thumb-friendly to navigate, visitors will move on to a different site.
How The Rainmaker Institute Can Help Create Your New Website
Your digital presence – particularly your website – is crucial in generating and converting leads. You have worked hard to get where you are, so learn to use technology to your advantage so you can enjoy the fruits of your labor more often while also generating new clients!
The Rainmaker Institute manages your legal marketing so you can focus on lawyering. We will provide content that contains top legal focus keywords, proper page titles, appropriate meta descriptions, target length of content, and images that will boost your attractiveness to Google. In short, we will make great content. We also ensure that your site is mobile-friendly and attractive to potential clients
If you are ready to take your law firm to the next level and see your Google ranking improve, we can help. Whether you choose to attend one of our live events or you want a free, confidential consultation, we are here to help!