Last Updated: May 20, 2022
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time The Rainmaker Institute decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
This Policy applies to The Rainmaker Institute, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of https://therainmakerinstitute.com and/or https://www.rainmakerretreat.com, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
2. Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
3. How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
4. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
5. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- “You” and “yours” means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service as applicable under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). You and yours can be referred to as the Data Subject or as the User as you are the individual using the Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the company”, “we”, “us”, or “our” in this agreement) refers to The Rainmaker Institute, 1090 S. Gilbert Rd. #218, Gilbert, AZ 85296. For the purposes of GDPR, the company is the Data Controller.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our service or parts of our service.
- Website refers to https://therainmakerinstitute.com and https://www.rainmakerretreat.com.
- Service refers to the website.
- Country refers to United States.
- Service(s) Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the company to facilitate the service, to provide the service on behalf of the company, to perform services related to the service or to assist the company in analyzing how the service is used. For the purposes of GDPR, Service Providers are considered Data Processors.
- Third-Party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the service.
- Facebook Fan Page is a public profile specifically created by the company on the Facebook social network, accessible from https://www.facebook.com.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. For the purposes of GDPR, Personal Data means any information relation to you such as a name, identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity. For the purposes of CCPA, Personal Data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the service such as a computer, cellphone, or digital tablet.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the service or from the service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Data Controller, for the purposes of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), refers to the company as the legal person which alone or jointly with others determines the purpose4s and means of the process of Personal Data.
- Do Not Track (DNT) is a concept that has been promoted by US regulatory authorities, in particular the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the Internet industry to develop and implement a mechanism for allowing Internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites.
- Business, for the purpose of CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), refers to the company as the legal entity that collects consumer’s personal information and determines the purposes and means of the processing of consumer’s personal information, or on behalf of which such information is collected and that alone, or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of consumer’s personal information, that does business in the state of California.
- Consumer, for the purposes of CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means the natural person who is a California resident. A resident, as defined in the law, includes (1) every individual who is in the USA for other than a temporary or transitory purpose, and (2) every individual who is domiciled in the USA who is outside the USA for a temporary or transitory purpose.
- Sale, for the purpose of CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information to another business or a third-party monetary or other valuable consideration.
Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, email address, billing and/or credit card information etc. which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested.
- Information automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies, data usage and server logs.
In addition, The Rainmaker Institute may have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race, and religion, as well as the type of browser you are using, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, other diagnostic data, IP address, and type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
When you access the service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile unique I, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service by or through a mobile device.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our service.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary /Essential Cookies Type: session cookies administered by UsPurpose. These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
- Functionality Cookies Type: persistent cookies administered by: UsPurpose. These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website.
- Tracking and Performance Cookies Type: persistent cookies administered by: Third-PartiesPurpose. These cookies are used to track information about traffic to the website and how users use the website. The information gathered via these cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the website. We may also use these cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features, or a new functionality of the website to see how our users react to them.
The Rainmaker Institute may also deem it necessary, from time to time, to follow websites that our users may frequent to gleam what types of services and products may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
Please rest assured that this site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of surveys, completed membership forms, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for on this Policy.
Why We Collect Information and For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so;
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, when we have your consent to do so;
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; to resolve disputes; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; to enforce our legal agreements and policies; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
The company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Use of Information Collected
The Rainmaker Institute may collect and may make use of personal information for the following purposes:
- To ensure delivery of the services you need and request.
- To attend and manage your requests to us.
- To provide and maintain our service, we may monitor usage of our service.
- To assist in the operation of our website.
- To manage your registration as a user of the service (the personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the service that are available).
- For performance of a contract, the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the service.
- To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication such as mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed with news, special offers, and other general information about other possible products, services and/or events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- The Rainmaker Institute may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
The Rainmaker Institute may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service, for payment processing, to contact you.
- For business transfers in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- The company may feel it necessary, from time to time, to contact you on behalf of our other external business partners with regards to a potential new offer which may be of interest to you. If you consent or show interest in presented offers, then, at that time, specific identifiable information, such as name, email address and/or telephone number, may be shared with the third party.
- The company may find it beneficial to all our customers to share specific data with our trusted partners in an effort to conduct statistical analysis, provide you with email and/or postal mail, deliver support and/or arrange for deliveries to be made. Those third parties shall be strictly prohibited from making use of your personal information, other than to deliver those services which you requested, and as such they are required, in accordance with this agreement, to maintain the strictest of confidentiality with regards to all your information.
- With other users when you share personal information or otherwise interact in public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through a third-party social media service, your contacts on the third-party social media service may see your name, profile, pictures, and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
The Rainmaker Institute uses various third-party social media features including but not limited to https://www.facebook.com/TheRainmakerInstitute/, https://twitter.com/Law_Marketing, https://instagram.com/rainmakerinstitute/, https://www.youtube.com/c/Therainmakerinstitute and other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within The Rainmaker Institute’s control.
Text messaging opt-in will not be shared with any third party for any marketing purposes.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including personal data is process at the company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means this information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from your jurisdiction.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
Service Providers have access to your personal data only to perform their tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use your personal data to contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest. We may use email marketing service providers to manage and send emails to you.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service.
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the service. In that case, we may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g., payment processors).
Disclosure of Information
The Rainmaker Institute may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- As necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- In other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- As required by law, or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., court or government agency), or a subpoena or search warrant;
- To satisfy a legal obligation, protect the rights or property of the company, prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service, protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public, or protect against legal liability;
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- As necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- As necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of The Rainmaker Institute.
The Rainmaker Institute greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in The Rainmaker Institute products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe line or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website please complete the following request form: Unsubscribe Form Link. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. The Rainmaker Institute will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
Links to Other Websites
Notice to European Union Users
The Rainmaker Institute’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield.) By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER GDPR
We may process personal data under the following conditions:
- You have given your consent for processing personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- Provision of personal data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- Processing personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the company is subject;
- Processing personal data is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person;
- Processing personal data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority